It’s almost Thanksgiving! Although a lot of people are already looking to Christmas, I think we should at least acknowledge Thanksgiving exists first. What better way to do that than with a cute craft? Read on to see how to make this adorable Wine Cork Turkey Thanksgiving Craft.
- Wine Cork
- Tan or Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Googly Eyes
- Red and Orange Craft Felt
- Silk Leaf
- Craft Glue
1. Apply two coats of craft paint to the wine cork, while allowing the paint to dry well in between coats.
2. While the paint dries, you can prepare the felt face pieces. Cut out a small triangle from the orange felt, and a squiggled oval for the gobbler from the red felt.
3. Add some craft glue to the back of the googly eyes and press them to the top of the wine cork.
4. Add some craft glue to the beak and gobbler, then press the pieces under the googly eyes.
5. Take the silk leaf and add some craft glue to the center. Press it to the back of the wine cork and hold it in place until it’s secure. (Make sure you place the leaf far enough up so the wine cork can still stand up by itself.)
6. Once the glue is completely dry, you can display your wine cork turkey. I think these make cute table decorations.
Looking for more Thanksgiving Posts?
- 10 Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Crafts
- How to Be Thankful (Even When You Don’t Feel Like It)
- 5 Tips for Saving More Money on Black Friday Online Sales
- How to be a Black Friday Shopping Ninja