My girls love helping me in the kitchen, especially when it includes fun recipes. It’s no secret that I love easy kid-friendly recipes, and this recipe for Oreo Peep Bunny Truffles is both easy and delicious! (Be sure to not let the kids melt the chocolate themselves in the Wilton Melting Pot because it can become hot quickly for little fingers.)
The kids will have fun decorating the peeps bunnies with various Easter sprinkles and mini marshmallows. There is really no way to mess these up, and you an use any color melting candy you want. You don’t have to use the different colors like the recipe has below. I have included the printable version of this recipe below.
- 1 Wilton 12 count Peeps bunny silicone mold
- 10-13 Oreo thin cookies
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup Wilton bright pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton yellow candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton orange candy melts
- Assorted Easter sprinkles
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Open the brick of cream cheese and place in a large mixing bowl to soften at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pulse the Oreo cookies (the whole cookie) into crumbs in a food processor. (I used Oreo thins but you could also use regular Oreos.) Add the crumbs to the cream cheese. Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the Peeps silicone mold. Fill each individual mold with the Oreo cream cheese mix, up to the top. Press down firmly.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Gently pop out the chilled Peeps bunnies from their molds and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- In a double boiler pan (or a Wilton candy warmer), melt the pink candy melts under medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl for easier dipping.
- Dip 3 of the Oreo bunnies into the melted pink chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately place a mini marshmallow towards the bottom of each bunny. Cover with Easter sprinkles. The chocolate will harden rather quickly because the Peeps bunnies have been chilled so be sure to sprinkle right away or you may have to dip them again in the chocolate.
- Melt the green candy melts , using the same method as above. Dip 3 of the Peeps bunnies into the melted green candy and place back on the cookie sheet. Add a mini marshmallow to each one and cover with sprinkles.
- Melt the yellow candy melts. Dip 3 of the bunnies into the melted yellow candy and return to the cookie sheet. Place a mini marshmallow at the bottom of each one and cover with sprinkles.
- Melt the orange candy melts. Dip the remaining bunnies into the melted orange candy and place back on the cookie sheet.
- And a mini marshmallow to the bottom of each bunny and cover with sprinkles.
The Peep Bunny Truffles can be stored up to three days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.