My girls LOVE making “art projects”, so when we found Tootsie Roll Banks at the Dollar Store we thought this would be fun to hand out for Valentine’s Day. We had some heart scrap paper and glitter tape lying around the house, so we picked up some sparkly pom-pom balls and got to work. It was super easy and it makes a fun Valentine’s Day gift that can also be used as a piggy bank!
- Valentine’s Day Scrapbook Paper
- Glitter Tape
- Sparkly Pom-Pom Balls
- Tootsie Roll Banks from the Dollar Store
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Place your bank onto a piece of scrapbook paper, with the top of the paper being right under the rim of the bank.
2. Draw a line at the bottom of your bank to measure.
3. Cut across the line from one side to the other side of the paper.
4. Hot glue your paper onto the bank.
5. Then, cut a 3″ wide piece from another piece of scrapbook paper with a different print, and glue it to the center of your bank.
6. Now, you can use your glitter tape and colored Pom-Poms to decorate your Valentines.
7. Write the names of your classmates onto the center with a little note, and they are ready to hand out!
Be sure to pin this for later so you can do this project closer to Valentine’s Day.