Making your own gifts is a great way to save money during the holidays. You can easily make homemade hot cocoa, and pair it with a mug for a nice gift. I am a sucker for peanut butter and chocolate, so I thought “why not peanut butter hot cocoa?” This turned out better than I expected and is super yummy. Plus it’s super easy to make.
- 5 Cups Dry Powdered Milk
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Powder Coffee Cream, Original/Regular Flavor
- 2 tsp cornstarch (to prevent caking)
- Peanut Butter Baking Chips
- Small Glass Jars
- Combine the dry ingredients (mixing well).
- Add about 1/4 cup of hot cocoa mix to the bottom of each jar and allow it to settle. (If you are unsure of the size of your jar, fill 3/4 of it with homemade cocoa mix and then fill the rest of the way with the "extras".)
- Add in the peanut butter chips on top.
- Tie with twine or a pretty ribbon and attach a gift tag for holiday gift giving.