DIY Projects

12 Days of Christmas {for your spouse}

This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for additional questions.

Spice up your marriage and surprise your spouse with twelve gifts just for him!

Christmas can be an extremely busy time of year. In years past, I would find myself stressed from trying to get everything done. My relationship with my husband would take a backseat because the “busyiness” of Christmas would take over. Last year, I decided that my marriage wouldn’t be put on the backseat from all the craziness of Christmas. I wanted my husband to know that even through the busyiness of Christmas that he is loved and is important to me. I saw the 12 Days of Christmas projects. Most of them involved fun things to do as a family together. I adapted my own 12 Days of Christmas for my hubby.

I took a few of his favorite things, and added cute little notes. I admit, most of the notes are corny, but they made my husband laugh and that’s what mattered. ๐Ÿ™‚ I started giving my husband a gift a day starting December 12 for the 12 days of Christmas. I kept ALL the gifts under $2 each!

Day 1-Thanks for making me feel “extra” special!

12 days 1

Day 2- I’m “stuck” on you. {My husband is a maverick. He uses super glue instead of bandaids.}

12 days 2

Day 3-I “melt” to pieces when you kiss me.ย

12 days 3

Day 4-I was a smart cookie when I married you. {with one of his favorite cookies.}

12 days 4

Day 5-I’m “nuts” about you! {with his favorite peanuts}

12 days 5

Day 6-Your favorite for my favorite! {his favorite candy}

12 days 6

Day 7-All I Want for Christmas is You {I framed thisย free printable. Take the opportunity to spice it up a little with your spouse. Plan a date night in after the kids go to bed. This will probably be his favorite one. ๐Ÿ˜‰ }

12 days 7

Day 8-I love you “Jack” and that’s a fact! {My husband is a Duck Dynasty fan and likes Jack Daniels.}

12 Days 8

Day 9-We were “mento” be together. {Did I mention that my notes were corny?? ๐Ÿ˜‰ }

12 days 9

Day 10-Baby, it’s cold outside. . . {You can also use his favorite coffee for this one.}

12 days 10

Day 11-I’ve brought some corn for popping. . . and a movie too. {I cashed in some of my “kicks” from Shopkick for a free RedBox movie rental to pair with it.}

12 days 11

Day 12-You “light” up my life. {My husband is always using my candle lighter outside when he has to burn old limbs, and then leaving it out there. Since he is always losing my lighter, I got him one. }

12 days 12

This is something that is fun for my hubby and me. We both enjoy it. It adds romance and fun to our marriage during the Christmas season. You can do your own 12 Days of Christmas for your spouse, or feel free to use these as a starting point. You can download the printable tags here. I also createdย a blank set here for you to write your own notes.

pin this

Previous Story
Next Story

13 Comment

1. Reply
    Jennifer @ Emulsified Family
    December 11, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I love this idea so much! I wish I would have seen it earlier in December!! I just pinned it so I remember next year! Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Reply
      Megan
      December 11, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Thank you! I had planned on doing this earlier in December, and it just didn’t happen. ๐Ÿ™ I am glad you like it and were able to pin it for next year. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Reply
    Taylor
    December 11, 2014 at 2:20 pm

This absolutely adorable!! Cant wait to get started ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Reply
      Megan
      December 11, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Thank you!! It’s SOO much fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Reply
        Taylor
        December 27, 2014 at 11:03 am

When will the winmer be announced?

3. Reply
    SARAH
    October 30, 2015 at 10:04 am

THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL IDEA! I CAN’T WAIT TO DO THIS. WHEN I CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR THE PRINTABLES THOUGH, IT SAYS PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND – FOR ALL 3 LINKS.

1. Reply
      Megan
      October 31, 2015 at 8:55 pm

So Sorry about that! I have updated the links and they should work now. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. […] also found this fun blog post, while not chef related, could be spun in a chef-like way AND the gifts could be given over the […]

5. Reply
    Kathy
    January 1, 2016 at 3:08 pm

This is a great idea! But the first day of Christmas is Christmas Day and the 12th is January 6th marking the Epiphany of the Lord. Still love the idea though.

1. Reply
      Megan
      January 1, 2016 at 4:07 pm

You can do it whenever. I usually do it from December 12 through 24 for my husband. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Reply
    MaKayla Gibson
    December 1, 2016 at 10:48 am

I have never thought about doing thing for a spouse. But I love the idea!

7. Reply
    Charity
    December 7, 2016 at 11:03 am

This is great something i have been looking in to for my soon to be. We have three kids that take all my time and i dont what him falling away. What him to know how much i do think of him. Thank you for the great ideas.

8. Reply
    Poetswife
    December 18, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I’ve given my husband little gifts, but I usually do a count down to his birthday, our anniversary or Valentine’s Day, since it’s traditionally not a guys holiday. Another reason why I do this is because most folks don’t realize, but the 12 days of Christmas actually start on Christmas and end on Epiphany. My husband enjoys the little tokens of gifts and I appreciate you sharing your ideas!