CVS is my favorite drug store! In fact, I go in one CVS store so much, some of the employees actually know me and my girls by name. 🙂 CVS is a great place to stock up on toothpaste, toothbrushes, personal care items, make-up, diapers, medicines, and other items. I have learned how to save the most money on each trip. There are many tips and tricks for shopping at CVS to save the most money.
Here are my top tips and tricks for shopping at CVS::
- Make sure you have a CVS card -A CVS card gives you the sale price, Extra Care Bucks, and store coupons at the Red Coupon Machine.
- Scan your CVS card at the Red Coupon Machine -Scan your card each time you go into CVS. Then, scan your card again. Most of the time, you will need to scan your card 2-3 times to get all of the store coupons. You can stack these coupons with manufacture coupons to save even more money!
- Sign up for the Beauty Club -The CVS Beauty Club gives you $5.00 in Extra Care Bucks each time you spend $50.00 in Beauty Care Products. The $50.00 trigger is BEFORE coupons! This means if you do the stock up deal on L’Oreal Facial Cleansers, you will only spend $12.54, but will have $30.54 towards your Beauty Club account. 🙂
- Use your Extra Care Bucks -Extra Care Bucks are little “rewards” for buying certain items within the store. Each week there are different deals available to earn these little gems. You can use the Extra Care Bucks on your next transaction after earning them. This means you can use your $10.00 in Extra Care Bucks from the L’Oreal deal on the Pampers Diaper deal, or another purchase. With Extra Care Bucks, you can spend a little out of pocket on one transaction and then keep “rolling” your Extra Care Bucks like you can gift cards at Target.
- Link your CVS card to your SavingStar account–You can use ecoupons at CVS on top of manufacture, store, and mobile coupons. Make sure you link your CVS card to your SavingStar account, and “activate” all of the coupons each month. This will ensure you will get the extra savings. I can’t tell you how many times I have “activated” all of the ecoupons at the beginning of the month, forgot I had “activated” them, and then received the email that my account had been credited for buying the certain items. Talk about a nice surprise! You can set up your SavingStar account here. It will not take you very much time at all, and it will maximize your savings.
- Use your mobile coupons -You can use mobile coupons (See the 15 must have money saving apps here), manufacture coupons, store coupons, and ecoupons on the same item. When you can find an item that you can use all of these on, it’s an awesome deal! These deals happen every so often, and when they do SavingStar ecoupons reach their limit quickly (see tip 5 on activating all ecoupons each month).
- Make a list before you go– There are SO many deals each week at CVS. It can be VERY easy to become overwhelmed if you walk into the store without a list/game plan. It’s best to make a list and print/clip your coupons prior to going to CVS. You can see all the current CVS deals and make your list here.
Bonus Tip: If you’re signed up for the Beauty Club, you receive a $3.00-$5.00 CVS coupon on your birthday! 🙂
Do you have any tips and tricks for shopping at CVS?